What is Ashtanga Yoga?
Yoga is the traditional form of exercise that people use to perform in the classic age old days. It helps to improve the quality of your life without disturbing your lifestyle. There are various forms of yoga asanas that can be performed by an individual. One of them is Ashtanga Yoga. It is practiced in two ways and benefits whole of your body. The most important element of this yoga is Ujjayi breath, vision i.e drishti and bandhas i.e locks which help you to detox and lend your body in meditation practice easily.
What are the benefits of Ashtanga Yoga?
There are numerous benefits associated with this Ashtanga Yoga. It is the invasion of science an traditional methods to stay fit and healthy. This yoga also helps in conversion of an individual to a yogi’s life. Some of the major benefits of this yoga are:
- Improvement in Body Tissues: Provides relief from the tissue pains in the body.
- Burns Stubborn Fats: Increases awareness about the eating and side effects of it, helping you to burn stored fat.
- Influences Flexibility Level: Various postures performed helps in stretching of body muscles resulting in increased flexibility level of your body.
- Increases Inner Strength: With the help of Bandhas, you will be able to perform the task from the energy available. This, in turn, helps you to increase the inner strength and stability of the muscle to use energy.
- Reduces Stress Level: Uses breathing exercise which leads to increase in concentration power by relaxing brain nerves resulting in a reduction in the stress level.
- Relief From Back Pain: Stretching of bones causes tone in the lower abdominal muscles that help in diminishing the backache problem.
- Increases Breathing Capacity: Practice of Ujjayi yoga helps in increasing the breathing level. It is majorly due to the increase in concentration with help of breathing meditation.
Ashtanga Yoga Poses.
Ashtanga Yoga is the form of yoga that is linked between the breathing and the bodily movements. It helps in generating heat from the core of the body. This generated heat helps to detoxify your body and mind. It also helps in providing peace to your soul. There are various forms of Ashtanga Yoga Poses. Some of them are:
- Triangle Pose Yoga:
It is also known as Trikonasana. It helps in strengthing the body tissues of your body. You can perform this asana as:
By stretching your body in a triangle pose, with feet 3-4 inches apart.
Now point out the right foot inward and touch it with the extended arms.
Hold the right toe and lift your left hand up in the air. Stating your body in 180 degrees in the arms that are perpendicular to the ground.
Losen your shoulder and chest to relax your body in this yoga position.
- Wide-legged Forward Bend Yoga Pose:
Prasarita Padottanasana is the other name from which wide-legged forwards bend pose is known. You perform this yoga pose on the yoga mat as:
By standing on the yoga mat with feet 2-3 inches apart and hands on the ground.
While doing so, you need to take care of your back. It should be straight.
Exhale while maintaining the lean position. After exhaling bring down your arms and shoulders in the resting position.
Touch your head to the floor and try not breathing continuously.
This yoga will help in increasing the blood circulation in the brain nerves. Resulting in the relaxation of them.
Chair Pose Yoga:
Chair Pose yoga is known as Utkatasana. It is performed as:
Standing straight on the floor first.
While breathing in, you stretch your arms straight over your head.
When you exhale, bend your knees slightly.
Hold this position for a few minutes. It will help you to make your shoulder and lower back strong.
- Warrior Pose Yoga:
This yoga is also known as virabhadrasana yoga. You perform this yoga as follows:
You first stand straight on the floor.
Then you stretch out your arms up in the air by moving hips and right feet forward.
By bending your right feet in the perpendicular action you stretch out a bit and rotate yourself towards the right with your head gazed towards the skin.
Hence, above are some of the yoga poses that will help you improve your body strength and also lose weight at the same time. Besides these, there are many other to get more information about them to stay tuned with us!