Ginger tea is an herbal beverage native to the Asians. It is extracted from the roots of ginger. And it is commonly made in China, India, and other Southeast Asian countries. Consuming this tea has various health benefits. Like it cures cold, sore throat, diarrhea and also helps in digestion. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing joints and muscle pain.
What Is Ginger?
Ginger is a herb whose rhizome (root) is used for food and medicinal purposes. It has a pungent smell and a sweet-spicy taste. It is been used for more than 5000 years for cooking various things.
They discovered the medicinal properties of ginger about 2000 years ago. And since then it has been used for curing various diseases. There are a few advantages of having ginger. Some of them are:
- Treats nausea, and morning sickness.
- Reduces muscle pain and soreness
- Decreases risk of heart diseases
- Keeps blood sugar levels in check.
- Makes digestion better
- Decreases cholesterol.
These are just a few benefits ginger offers. There are various other benefits too.
Benefits Of Ginger Tea:
Ginger tea is a common drink in many different parts of the world. Many people consider it as a daily drink. Some of the benefits of consuming ginger tea are listed below:
- Stops pain: It is a natural pain reliever due to its anti-inflammatory properties. This helps in reducing headaches and sore throat.
- Weight loss: It helps in burning all the unwanted fats which are accumulated in the arteries, which also helps in reducing the risk of stroke.
- Prevents cancer: Ginger tea is said to kill 80% of the cancer cells and its by-products. So consuming ginger tea every day will help in reducing the risk of various types of cancer like Lung cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer etc.
How To Make Ginger Tea:
It is very easy to make ginger tea, you can easily make it at home. These are the following ingredients required to make ginger tea.
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup turmeric powder
- ½ cup ground ginger
- Milk (optional)
- Honey (optional)
How To Make:
- Make the water to boil.
- Add ground turmeric and ground ginger to the boiling water.
- Cook this for 10 minutes more
- Mix it with the ingredients of your choice (either milk or honey)
- Your ginger tea is ready.
Different Methods Of Having Ginger Tea:
In different countries, people consume ginger tea in different ways. Some of the most common ways are listed below:
In countries like Singapore, they add black tea and sweetened milk to the ginger tea.
India: Indians add water and milk, and then add ginger tea with sugar. This gives a sweet yet mild taste to the tea.
Indonesia: These people add palm sugar along with their ginger tea. It is very commonly served at weddings. They also add other spices in it including cloves, cinnamon sticks, and lemongrass to enhance the taste.
Therefore, ginger tea is one of the healthiest drinks you can have every day. It is also extremely easy to make and easily available.