Moringa oleifar or moringa leaves are the leaves of the drumstick plant. It is also known as a miracle tree, horseradish tree or ben oil tree. It is used from an old era. Moringa is well known for its medicinal properties. It also has a lot of health-related benefits. Moringa leaves have great properties such as it is antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory (help reduce inflammation) and it is antidepressant it is (used to alleviate depression).
Moringa leaves facts:
Moringa tree or better-known drumstick tree has its origin from Asia, South Americ, and African countries. Moringa leaves have ample benefits but it also has few known side effects. It has many benefits as it contains many vitamins, minerals, and proteins. Adding drumstick in its natural forms has no such harms. But its suggested that if your under any kind of medication consult your doctor before adding moring extract to your intake.
What does moringa contain?
Moringa has ample benefits to your health as it contains a lot of medical properties.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B1
- Ascorbic acid
- Thiamine Vitamin B1
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Niacin (VitaminB3 and B6)
- Fights against bad cholestrol.
- Extremely low in fats.
Benefits of Moringa Leaves:
It is well known that moringa has got ample benefits. It’s not only related to health but also help prevent diseases, cure disease, and has also got beauty and skin-related benefits.
- Helps in preventing and also treating cancer:
Moringa contains niacin which basically is Niacin (VitaminB3 and B6). This niacin has a compound which helps in suppressing the growth of cancer-causing cells. It also has many other properties that might help or contribute to cancer prevention.
- Helps to protect and nourish hair and skin:
Moringa contains detoxifying and hydrating elements which help and gives a boost in the growth of hair and skin. The properties in moringa seed oil have many benefits that help hair growth and also helps to fight against free radicals. This automatically keeps your hair healthy and clean. Moringa has protein in it that helps safeguard skin cells from damage. It also leads to healthy glowing skin. Moringa properties also help in curing infections and sores.
- Protects liver
Moringa contains many properties in it that help your liver stay healthy. It acts as a protection against the damages caused through anti-tubercular drugs. It also has very fast recovering power.
- Safeguards from bacteria.
Moringa fights against bacterial disease. Moringa is greatly known as antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antidepressant. It helps fight against infections been from E.coli, Salmonella, Rhizopus.
- Makes bone stronger.
Calcium and phosphorous are highly present in moringa. Both this properties helps in keeping your bone healthy and strong.
- Mood disorder.
Moringa helps in treating anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
Some other benefits :
- Treats edema.
- Helps treat all stomach-related complaints.
- Protects cardiovascular disease.
- Helps in healing.
- Diabetes is treated.
- Treats asthma.
- The kidney is protected.
- Controls blood pressure.
- Protects your eyes.
- Treats anemia.
- Treats sickle disease.
Moringa Leaves side effects:
- Moringa has properties of anti-fertility so it’s not recommended for pregnant women.
- Its always recommended consulting your doctor beforehand.
- Proper usage direction should be followed. However, very few side effects are reported till date.
- Levothyroxine: helps combat thyroid problems.
- Adverse effect: if taken with some other medication it will lead to complications or side effects.
- Diabetes medications: Moringa helps reduce blood sugar effectively so always keep a look on the blood sugar level so that it does not get to low.
- High blood pressure: Moringa is known for its great effect on blood pressure. It is very effective in taking it with other medication will lower blood pressure faster.
Does Moringa Leaves has weight loss effects
- Moringa helps in reducing weight gain
- lower cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- Moringa forces the body to convert fats into energy
- Moringa helps in reducing fatigue
- Moringa helps improve energy levels.