What is Vegetarian Keto Diet?
Vegetarian Keto diet is known as one of the best diet plans that will help you to lose weight easily. People normally have a mentality that vegetarians can not follow the keto diet, as it is too restrictive and a sort of tricking thing. But the reality is vegetarian keto diet is the most effective and easily accessible diet plan.
The healthiest diet plan that you can adopt without any doubt is the vegetarian keto diet plan. It not only will help you to lose weight but also prevent your body from various harmful diseases.
You might be thinking what exactly is the keto diet! The keto diet plan is basically a diet plan that involves consumption of more fats and less of carbohydrates, which helps your body to burn the stored fats. Eventually, the process of burning stored fats instead of carbohydrates makes you feel more energetic and allows your body to attain the state of ketosis quickly.
Thus, a vegetarian keto diet is the diet plan that is free from meat and other non-vegetarian foods. The vegetarian keto diet mainly includes animals products like eggs and other dairy products. They are densely nutritious and have less impact of its consumption on the environment.
The following is the article that will help you to understand the benefits of the vegetarian keto diet and how can you implement it in your day to day routine.
Benefits of Vegetarian Keto Diet:
Vegetarian keto diet plans are mostly known as the tricky diet plan because of the limited foodstuffs that provide your body with healthy carbs rather than proteins. The following are some of the benefits that you will experience while following Vegetarian Keto Diet:
- Rapid Weight Loss.
- Lean Muscle.
- Control on Blood Sugar Level.
- Decrease In Joint Pain.
- Increase in the regulation of the Digestive System.
- Treats Diabetes.
- Improves Skin Texture.
- Lowers the Risk of Chronic Health.
- Reduce Inflammation.
- Reduces the Risk of Obesity.
- Controls Blood Pressure.
Vegetarian Keto Diet Rules:
The basic difference between vegetarian keto diet and vegan keto diet is that the vegetarian keto diet includes eggs and dairy products, not in a vegan diet. Thus, while following vegetarian keto diet you must follow certain rules:
- Consume animal products like eggs and grass-fed butter regularly.
- Maintain a standard proportion of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates from the food you eat.
- Try sticking to 30-50 grams of net carbs per day, so that your body stays in ketosis state.
- Do not intake high-carb foods like starchy vegetables, sugar, grains, and other beans.
- Consume more healthy fats like avocados, MCT oil, ghee, etc.
- Eat keto-friendly protein foods.
Food list that you need to include in Vegetarian Keto diet:
The following is the list that you need to add to your grocery shopping list:
- Leafy green vegetables.
- Brussels Sprouts, etc.
- Cherries, etc.
- Nutritional Yeast.
- Eggs, etc.
- Coconut Oil.
- Olive Oil.
- Palm Oil, etc.
Vegetarian Keto Diet Recipes:
Looking out for vegetarian keto diet recipes is a herculean task because the vegetarian keto diet is a meatless diet. For this reason, the following is an easy and delicious recipe that you can try out:
It is the low-carb and gluten-free recipe that you can consume as a breakfast. The following is the procedure to make a perfect cannoli stuffed crepes:
- Take 8 ounces of cream cheese, 8 eggs, ½ tsp of ground cinnamon. Mix them all and blend the mixture in the blender.
- Keep the blended mixture at a side for 5 minutes.
- Take a pan, heat 1 tsp of butter. Once you find the butter melted, pour ¼th cup of the mixture to the buttery pan.
- Spread the batter by moving the pan in a circular motion and cook it for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Once you find bubbles in the middle of the crepe, flip the crepe carefully and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Remove the crepe and place it on the plate.
For Cannoli Filling:
- Take a medium-size bowl. Add 6 ounces of mascarpone cheese, 1 cup of milk cheese, ½ tsp of lemon zest, ½ tsp of cinnamon, ¼ th of vanilla extract and ¼ cup of sweetener in that bowl. Mix all the ingredients well and fold them in the silicone spatula.
- Now, fill the filings in a pastry bag and pipe it in the center of the crepe.
- Fold the crepe after adding the filling, create a roll of it and serve it.
- You can store it in the refrigerator too but not for more than 3 days.
- Beside this, there are some more best vegetarian keto recipes like goat cheese and mushroom salad, breakfast oats, pasta with pesto, pizza and cauliflower sides.
Therefore, while following the vegetarian keto diet you need to take care of the essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, iron, vitamin B12, vitamin D, etc. The deficiency in these nutrients can lead to side effects of vegetarian keto diet that will be harmful to your healthy living.